[SyncEvolution] Multiple google_contacts accounts: how?

pal at bonas.us pal at bonas.us
Mon Mar 5 06:10:03 PST 2012

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:04:36 +0100
Patrick Ohly <patrick.ohly at intel.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 14:28 +0100, pal at bonas.us wrote:
> > Hi Patrick, i have also another question:
> >
> > in case this other sync option, lets call it "add from server", is
> > not possible/going to be added, does syncevolution support
> > groups/categories for other protocols than syncml?
>
> Not yet. In that case the logic that you would like to have is easier
> to implement, because SyncEvolution and not the server decide which
> items on the server are part of a sync.
>
> But wait a second. Do you want the filtering to happen on the server
> or on the N9?
>
> Client-side filtering would be possible also with SyncML.

Well, i dont actually care too much if it's the server that sends only
some items, or if the clients does the filtering after receiving
everything.
So, in principle doing it at client level would be a perfectly fine
approach. But it is not there, is it?
If not, and no one is interested in adding it, can you give me some
tips on how to do it?