[SyncEvolution] Http server questions

steve roush steveroush at q.com
Fri Mar 2 08:47:14 PST 2012

I am interested in setting up a family addressbook server and have a few
questions about the syncevolution http server as documented by the HTTP server
HOWTO <http://syncevolution.org/wiki/http-server-howto> wiki page.

For each user (device), do I repeat steps 4 through 7 (from the How-To) - with
appropriate changes to parameters/variables?

I assume I can manage the entries by adding, deleting, and changing files in the
addressbook directory.
If so,
-  What file format(s) are allowed?
-  Will the directory and/or files be locked during a synch to prevent failures?
-  Any special instructions (gotchas) regarding maintaining the files in the
addressbook?

Is this information already available & I just missed it?

thanks,
steve roush