[SyncEvolution] Multi-point sync

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Sun Sep 25 10:52:55 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 09:17 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> Perhaps you can make your desktop that hub instead by synchronizing both
> the laptop and the phone against it? USB Bluetooth dongles are cheap. Or
> make the laptop the hub, synchronizing against the phone via Bluetooth
> and against the desktop via HTTP
> (http://syncevolution.org/wiki/http-server-howto).

I've tried to work through these instructions a few times to get my two
syncevolution instances talking, but I'm not quite there.  I have
figured out how to get the syncevolution server and client setup using
the appropriate templates, and I have figured out the various
authentication issues.

The tutorial refers to "${datapath}" without indicating where this is
supposed to point.  Do I need to point the syncevolution server to the
files where evolution stores the particular type of data that I am
trying to sync?  If so, how can I figure this out?

Things look like they are working - syncevolution's output looks like a
working sync.  But (I suspect because of the above), none of these make
it into the client's Evolution instance.

Thanks for any hints,
Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift <ross at kallisti.us>