[SyncEvolution] syncevolution - duplicate items

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Nov 8 01:34:26 PST 2010

On Fr, 2010-11-05 at 17:02 +0000, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> Refering to the prevous mail 'Missing close function':
>
> situation: debian squezze with syncevlution 1.1 running as server
>
> problem: after stopping syncronization from mobile (but this may
> happen just because of of connection loss), the next syncronization
> will duplicate ... triplacate and then quadruplicate contacts in
> addressbook.
>
> I'm using nokia N73 to test.
>
> Please, focus on that issue because it affects also other syncML
> servers like funambol.
> It would be great to have it working fine on syncevolution.
>
> I attached the log. Ask for any other detail you may need.

This is the log of a premature connection loss and thus related to your
other email, right?

The problem of duplicating contacts is related to the data. Can you
replicate it with dummy contact data or does it only happen with your
real data?

If it happens with dummy data (ideally with just one contact), can you
share the log file of a sync with loglevel=4 where that contact was
duplicated?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.