[SyncEvolution] Sony Ericsson C510: No idea to get it working

knipp at m-otion.com knipp at m-otion.com
Tue Nov 2 00:36:25 PDT 2010

Hi Patrick,

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> Sorry, public holiday here today, so I'm not reading all of my email.
> Normally I would have noticed and approved it.

No matter, I used the public holiday to try to connect my phone to
Evolution :)

> [2010-11-01 14:04:56.664] - Processing Alert Item (code=201),
> Source='Contacts', Target=''
>
> Note the empty "Target" value. That's supposed be our URI, sent to the
> phone earlier in the SAN message (not logged). For comparison, a Nokia
> phone correctly sends us that:
>
> [2010-11-01 13:56:00.470] - Processing Alert Item (code=200),
> Source='/telecom/pb.vcf', Target='Contacts'

Ok, thanks for this comparison. Since I didn't have another device for
testing, I saw and wondered about the empty value, but had no idea how it
would look like with another phone.

> Just to be sure, is that "empty string" test perhaps where the empty
> value came from in the log above?

No. I tried several uri properties, but their values didn't pop up in the
syncevolution-log.html.

> If the phone always sends an empty string, then I can think of a
> reasonably easy (?) workaround: fall back to the Source value when the
> Target is empty.

Maybe, this would help.

I didn't find a way to set up this parameter for Bluetooth on the phone,
only for synchronisation with HTTP.

> If you log with an even higher log level (say 10), then you'll see the
> Synthesis XML config which contains <datastore> entries with these URIs
> as aliases.

Ok, I found the entry:

<alias name='Contacts'/>

Is there a way to trace the SAN message (at least for curiosity)?

Have a nice day,

Franz