[SyncEvolution] Sony Ericsson C510: No idea to get it working

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Nov 1 13:47:51 PDT 2010

On Mo, 2010-11-01 at 20:02 +0000, knipp at m-otion.com wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > That means "not found" - whatever wasn't found might be visible in the
> > logs. Can you share a log with the settings that at least triggered
> > synchronization on the phone?
>
> I already sent an email containing log and settings, but without success,
> the message is too big and needs approval by the list moderator.

Sorry, public holiday here today, so I'm not reading all of my email.
Normally I would have noticed and approved it.

> So, I've put the files on http://ravenea.m-otion.at/~knipp

That shows that the phone is sending an incorrect Alert command:

[2010-11-01 14:04:56.664] - Processing Alert Item (code=201),
Source='Contacts', Target=''

Note the empty "Target" value. That's supposed be our URI, sent to the
phone earlier in the SAN message (not logged). For comparison, a Nokia
phone correctly sends us that:

[2010-11-01 13:56:00.470] - Processing Alert Item (code=200),
Source='/telecom/pb.vcf', Target='Contacts'

> I already tried „Contact“ as given by the template, „Contacts“ as seen as
> SourceRef in the response from the phone and „card3“ as read in the wiki
> for another Sony phone. I even tried to set the uri property to an empty
> string.

Just to be sure, is that "empty string" test perhaps where the empty
value came from in the log above?

If the phone always sends an empty string, then I can think of a
reasonably easy (?) workaround: fall back to the Source value when the
Target is empty.

> Interestingly I cannot find the value of the uri property somewhere in the
> syncevolution-log.html nor in the XML files.

If you log with an even higher log level (say 10), then you'll see the
Synthesis XML config which contains <datastore> entries with these URIs
as aliases.

The SAN message in SyncML 1.2 also contains it, but it is not logged.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.