On behalf of the SPDK community I'm pleased to announce the release of SPDK 19.10!
This release contains the following new features:
- Zoned bdev API: Zoned bdev is an extension of the bdev interface. Generic concept comes
from ATA/SCSI and is also being worked as an NVMe TP. It will allow to use existing bdev
infrastructure for new type zoned of devices.
- Opal bdev: A new opal bdev has been added to support management of NVMe self-encrypting
drives through the Opal specification. This feature is considered as experimental.
- NVMe character device: Added NVMe character device implementation based on CUSE library.
It allows creation of NVMe device nodes in Linux kernel for the controller and namespaces.
This feature is considered as experimental.
- Blobfs mount via RPC: Added mounting blobfs to path on host using RPC.
- OCF: Added support for OCF v19.06. Added write-only, write-invalidate and write-around
- DPDK: Added support for DPDK 19.08.
- RPC names: Names of RPC were streamlined between different components. Previous RPC
names are available, but will be deprecated.
The full changelog for this release is available at:
This release contains 845 commits from 44 authors with over 44k lines of code changed.
We'd especially like to recognize all of our first time contributors:
Michal Ben Haim
Thanks to everyone for your contributions, participation, and effort!