Topic: Vagrant Setup Expansion
Date: Monday, August 6, 2018
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting number: 923 859 194
Meeting password: spdk
Please click the link below to see more information, or to join the meeting.
NOTE: You do not need to register for a WebEx Account to attend this meeting. Just click
on the link below and use the Meeting password: spdk
Teleconference: To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the
meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Free: +1-844-655-1728
US Toll: +1-408-990-0022
Access code:923 859 194
Global call-in numbers:
Toll-free dialing restrictions: https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
To join the meeting on iPhone
Don't have the iPhone WebEx application yet?
Go to http://itunes.apple.com/app/cisco-webex-meetings/id298844386
To contact John Meneghini, call 1-781-768-5324 or
send a message to this address:
From: "Howell, Seth" <seth.howell(a)intel.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 10:18 AM
To: "Kariuki, John K" <john.k.kariuki(a)intel.com>, John Meneghini
<John.Meneghini(a)netapp.com>, "Latecki, Karol"
<karol.latecki(a)intel.com>, "Wan, Qun" <qun.wan(a)intel.com>,
"Luse, Paul E" <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com>
Cc: Jim Harris <james.r.harris(a)intel.com>, "Walker, Benjamin"
Subject: Vagrant Setup Expansion
In my meetings with all of you recently, I have noticed that several of us are all focused
on improving the vagrant setup scripts and expanding the scope of use cases for vagrant
environments. The desired use cases for this setup have been steadily expanding to
1. Development machines for community members (John M.).
2. Comprehensive testing capabilities (NVMe-oF etc.) (Anna)
3. Continuous integration testing/automation using vagrant images. Potential for
offsite CI (Karol)
4. Demonstrations and labs at conferences. Customer and community member support
For the most part, these use cases all require the same feature additions:
1. Being able to run a larger subset of tests on a vagrant setup.
2. Enabling a greater variety of OS’s in Vagrant.
3. Enabling hardware virtualization and pass-through.
I think it would be great if we all got together for a meeting to discuss the direction of
vagrant virtualization and orchestration in the SPDK community. To that end, I would like
to schedule an initial community meeting to discuss strategies on how we can split up the
overlapping work so that we can all achieve our goals. The agenda would look something
1. Current state of affairs (including discussing John M’s recent improvements.
2. Further outlining/detailing future use cases for vagrant.
3. Defining and assigning deliverables to enable the above use cases.
4. Scheduling a follow up meeting for updates/progress
Possible times for this meeting would be:
8:00 AM on August 6 or 8.
9:00 am after the community meeting on the 7th
Please let me know if you would be interested in attending this meeting so that I can
schedule it and send out a community invite. Also please let me know if you feel there
should be adjustments made to the scope of this meeting.