For those as the developer meetup recently, you heard about some activities to rework some
of the SPDK test infrastructure and actual test cases. Briefly:
- Today CI is a set of homegrown tools, it is being migrated to Jenkins and we should
expect to be there in early Q1
- Today we execute a series of tests in CI, some per check-in, some nightly and some both
that are all in the repo. There is also a large set of tests that are not in the repo
that have been executed in a more traditional model, near the end of each release cycle.
There is an ongoing effort to migrate these tests into the repo and sort out which should
be run per check-in, nightly and which are duplicates that we don't really need.
Be on the lookout for patches coming in adding more test cases :) As we go through these
everyone will be scrubbing both the new and old tests to make sure they're value
added. We need to keep test time reasonable but at the same time maintain a high level of
quality. That means:
* focusing system tests on the most commonly used code paths only
* component test only the most commonly used components per check-in but nightly
component test everything
* unit tests on everything, always
Please see the attached, all input is encouraged and welcome. It's just a high level
picture of what I just said.
Show replies by date