As agreed during the SPDK Meetup early this month, Girish and I have rebased and updated the Histogram Utility changes and published a new pull request.
Thanks to Paul Luse for his help and encouragement in getting this done.
Changes to rdma.c will not affect much as it comes under #ifdef HISTOGRAM,
spdk/lib/env_dpdk/pci_virtio.c can be ignored as it has empty line as diff
Paul has to wait, since I missed to address 14 minor comments from Daniel. I will finish this before weekend along with unit test.
Can I use remote_histogram_changes22 branch to address these comments?
Thanks John, I will test once patch is ready
Sure thing Paul. Thanks for your help.
Girish, I’ll download these patches on Monday and pull them into the VED so you can test them out. In the meantime, you can see Paul’s updates to the pull request in GerritHub at:
If everything looks good, please feel free to give Paul the go ahead and these patches can be checked into SPDK.
I’ve already approved these changes.
I rebased the patches last week so they’re ready for Girish to take a look at, fix where I may have missed something and address Daniel’s last set of comments. Two things during the rebase:
- in rdma.c there were two ‘finish markers’ that I couldn’t find a good home for in the refactored code. I think I got one of them right but either Girish or Ben or someone will have to pinpoint where the other marker should go, I just have never looked at any of the NVMeoF stuff before so was essentially guessing
- the rebase picked up some conflicts in spdk/lib/env_dpdk/pci_virtio.c which seemed odd since it wasn’t touced in any of the patches that I could tell so I just took the latest so he might want to double check and make sure there’s not something missing there
Other than that it was pretty straightforward