We just had our 6th meeting with Mat (Intel OTC), Christoph (Apple) and
Thanks again for this new good meeting!
Please note that this meeting was exceptionally on Monday because it was
not possible to have it at the end of last week nor at the end of this
week. We propose to have the next meeting next Thursday (26th of April).
Feel free to propose other dates if needed.
Here are the minutes of the meeting:
Progress from last week:
- as expected, many people off or busy with other stuffs, not so
much new to share.
- Mat has updated the mptcp_net-net repo (see below)
- Mat is dealing with issue on the client side (version from
) when using it with a modified server
(having his patches). More discussions will continue later with a pcap.
- Matthieu finished the review of Christoph's patches (Note for
myself: not the review of Christoph's Paasch, that's different...). Do
not hesitate to review the two last commits.
- Mat started the work:
- one fix has been done (related to checksum and gso), seems OK,
feel free to comment if not:
- Christoph will try to launch some tests using this branch
- Could be good to merge with net-next once per week to reduce the
amount of conflicts we need to fix in once
- Could be good to have two branches:
- one close to net-next and the current mptcp_trunk
- one where we have a minimal implementation → focus on the
client, simple version.
- tutorial ideas: more should come. Feel free to propose any idea.
- Matthieu is trying to get more ideas
- Matthieu: will start a dedicated discussion on the ML (should do
that on Wednesday (or short after) after having collected more ideas)
topgit to manage patch sets, maybe not needed now, maybe later
- looks like a good tool for what we have to do
- could be good to have a look:
(new version -- recommended)
- Matthieu has some experiences with it if you need some support.
- Feel free to try it, instructions are in the README
- From Mat: still not clear what it will be.
- it is possible that they will have more miniconferences and they
will prefer that
- but will be a lot of people there (davem), very interesting to
participate, get feedback, help, advises, etc.
- the networking track submission deadline for LPC is July 11:
→ 350 word proposal for a 40
minute talk plus 2-10 page paper.
- Mat: wiki update: with links, etc. (could be good, when the base
is there, to have some help to maintain that, at least reporting
outdated links, etc.
- Christoph: will first look at the lockless patches then maybe
look at the net-next branch
- Peter will also look at mptcp-net-next branch + continue to work
on the patch-set with Mat
- Matthieu: update Netlink PM patches.
- proposition: the 26th of April at 9am PDT - 16:00 UTC (9am PDT,
- open to everyone!
Feel free to comment these points and propose new ones for the next meeting!
Talk to you next week,
Matthieu Baerts | R&D Engineer
Tessares SA | Hybrid Access Solutions
1 Avenue Jean Monnet, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
system manager. This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is