We just had our 27th meeting with Mat, Peter and Ossama (Intel OTC),
Christoph (Apple) and myself (Tessares).
Thanks again for this new good meeting!
Here are the minutes of the meeting:
- v0.93.2 finally released:
- should be announced soon
- scripts available to ease the build:
- continued to work on the v3 of the patch
- did experimentation with TopGit
- Podcast: Hosts are SDN-oriented, and may be more comfortable
talking about network infrastructure. We should be prepared to talk
about lower-layer considerations (like middleboxes and preserving TCP
options), as well as giving an overview of how MPTCP works.
- did a demo of TopGit: https://github.com/mackyle/topgit
tg create + tg update + tg delete
we didn't cover `tg remote origin --populate` + `tg push` yet
- did a demo of Gerrit using 'git review':
git checkout -b my_branch master
(...) # work here
git add -u <...>
git commit -sm "foo" # Change-Id has been added
git review # new Change created
(...) # rework here according to the review
git commit --amend # Change-Id has not been modified
git review # Change 430835 has been updated
It is possible to see only the change from v1 to v2, not only from
v0 (the base) to v2 (the final version):
important note: if you want to rebase your change and do other
modifications, it is easier for the reviewers to first rebase it, send
the new version (with the WIP feature), then do the modifications after.
Otherwise rebase and modifications changes are "merged", the diff might
show other modifications from the rebase.
Git review tool:
- Gerrit repo is available:
- You can be access to Gerrit via:
→ Choose "Reviewer" to only review work, "DEFAULT" to
- Anybody can create Changes, I can add people in different groups,
change rules, etc.:
- Don't forget to subscribe to new Changes:
- We didn't decide when to have the next meeting yet: we might skip
the one of next week if it is not needed or it could be the 1st of
November. Be careful with the time, it would still be at 16:00 UTC, 9am
PDT but 5pm CEST (it is no longer the summer in Europe, but still in the
- Still open to everyone!
Feel free to comment on these points and propose new ones for the next
Talk to you next week,
Matthieu Baerts | R&D Engineer
Tessares SA | Hybrid Access Solutions
1 Avenue Jean Monnet, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium