We just had our 59th meeting with Mat, Peter and Ossama (Intel OTC) and
Thanks again for this new good meeting!
Here are the minutes of the meeting:
- mptcp: harmonize locking on all socket operations:
- by Paolo
- accepted by Mat and Peter
- added at the end of the patch series
- mptcp: simplify crypto.c:
- by Davide
- v2 accepted by Matt (after a v1 reviewed by Mat and us at the
- "squashed" in "mptcp: Add key generation and token tree"
"mptcp: Add handling of incoming MP_JOIN requests"
- mptcp: avoid validating MP_CAPABLE keys on 3way HS handling:
- by Paolo
- accepted by Peter, Mat, Christoph
- "squashed" in "mptcp: Create SUBFLOW socket for incoming
- should fix instability in the kselftests
- *Note*: Mat ran the kselftests in a loop for one hour and he
didn't see any issue!
- mptcp: Make MPTCP socket block/wakeup ignore sk_receive_queue :
- by Mat
- commented by Paolo
- *Note*: Mat is looking at adding spinlock, he will check if it
could trigger deadlocks, more for a long term solution
- mptcp: new sysctl to control the activation per NS:
- by Matthieu
- Note*: still some open questions, feel free to comment ;-)
- Note*: if there is no comment, Matth will send a new version
tomorrow with two small changes (one comment, one renamed function)
- Implement outgoing MP_JOIN:
- patch-set (9 patches) by Peter
- *Note*: for the addition of the sysctl for the IP to announce,
this patch could be based on top of "mptcp: new sysctl to control the
activation per NS". Other solution is to temporary set a kernel module
option but because it is not set as a module, it will have to be set at
- Note*: Peter will send a v2 soon, applying Paolo's
recommendations (it includes a split of the PM patch to have one patch
we will remove later on)
Feedback from netdev:
- nobody at the meeting receives any feedback
Feedback from LPC:
- any feedback? Should arrive next week or the week after:
Proposals must be submitted by August 2nd, and submitters will
be notified of acceptance by August 9th.
Testing MPTCP Upstream with Sparse:
- anybody did that?
- Davide did some tests, not big issues. See:
- see: https://lists.01.org/pipermail/mptcp/2019-July/001505.html
- seems that Peter is not working on the mentioned topics, maybe Mat is
- Mat will comment on the list
- Could be good to discuss about that in the meeting with Paolo next
- We propose to have it next Thursday, the 1st of August.
- Usual time: 16:00 UTC (9am PDT, 6pm CEST)
- Still open to everyone!
Feel free to comment on these points and propose new ones for the next
Talk to you next week,
Matthieu Baerts | R&D Engineer
Tessares SA | Hybrid Access Solutions
1 Avenue Jean Monnet, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium