We just had our 36th meeting with Mat and Ossama (Intel OTC), Christoph
(Apple), Hoang (UCLouvain) and myself (Tessares).
Thanks again for this new good meeting!
Here are the minutes of the meeting:
- v8 has been merged!
- (no more subflow_error events → cf. last meeting)
- we will see what people will do with it!
- pretty close match with what Intel Netlink PM was supposed to be
- Ossama's userspace code will be shared soon:
- can share a first version which is not compatible with the
current kernel Netlink PM now in mptcp_trunk
- compatibility will come later
Idea of a BPF PM for servers:
- a simple PM, only to announce IP addresses given by the userspace
- BPF to write IP address
- that's the complex part, certainly to write this in PM private
- then the idea would be to hook (kprobe?) and call a function to do
- With BPF it means that you need to define a new API for actions
you can do (and maintain this API)
- focus on the first patch-set and try to upstream this base?
Mat: is looking at the DATA-FIN (because the disconnect part is
not fully managed for the moment)
Peter: he is also looking at improving this (and MP+Join)
→ when this is done, we can start comparing that with
mptcp_net-next/master (with extra removal) ; accept the design ;
finalise patches and upstream this
- removing feature on mptcp_net-next/master?
Christoph has more removal in the queue (removal of the client
side + stats ; 2k lines are removed)
- testing? (packetdrill?)
Peter is also looking at that
Would need to check how this job can be shared
- Matth: update t/upstream manually this time, automatically later.
- Feel free to ask for an update of t/upstream while it is not done
automatically, it is really easy and quick
- not so many users of v0.93? (at least not so many downloads of the
- will continue to maintain v0.94 for a while (EOL for v4.14 is
- We propose to have the next one on Thursday, the 31st of January.
- Usual time: 17:00 UTC (9am PST, 6pm CET)
- Still open to everyone!
Feel free to comment on these points and propose new ones for the next
Talk to you next week,
Matthieu Baerts | R&D Engineer
Tessares SA | Hybrid Access Solutions
1 Avenue Jean Monnet, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium