thanks for the notes. Just a little clarification inline:
On 30/03/18 - 16:55:43, Matthieu Baerts wrote:
We just had our 4th meeting with Mat and Peter (Intel OTC), Christoph
(Apple) and myself (Tessares).
Thanks again for this new good meeting!
Here are the minutes of the meeting:
- discussion of Rao Shoaib's patches:
- Christoph posted some comments
- Peter has comments but mainly similar to the ones of Christoph. Will
try to post comments the coming days.
- Rao was not able to join, we hope we will be able to discuss about
reviews that were done for these patches (or a v2) next week.
- Netlink PM (Matthieu's patches)
* Discussion on missed events: it is very rare. A bit like loosing UDP
packets between apps on the same host. We can have a PM with Netlink. Could
be interesting to get stats of lost events.
* _CREATED vs. _ESTABLISHED: we would like to have a simple v1, with
only the minimum required. Not having the _CREATED event could be OK, we
would not announce ADD_ADDR ASAP but on the other hand, if the client
receives this while the session is not "ESTABLISHED", it cannot create a
* Goal: simple API that can be extended later.
* (lot of discussions about that but it was difficult to take notes at
the same points for me).
- lockless subflows (Christoph's patches)
- one more fix coming
Yes - the fix is independent of the lockless subflow patches though. It's
fixing a generic bug in MPTCP.