On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 11:54:28AM -0700, Toshi Kani wrote:
This patch-set enhances the iomem table and its search interfacs,
then changes EINJ to support NVDIMM.
- Patches 1-2 add a new System RAM type, IORESOURCE_SYSTEM_RAM, and
make the iomem search interfaces work with resource flags with
modifier bits set. IORESOURCE_SYSTEM_RAM has IORESOURCE_MEM bit set
for backward compatibility.
- Patch 3 adds a new field, I/O resource descriptor, into struct resource.
Drivers can assign their unique descritor to a range when they support
the iomem search interfaces.
- Patches 4-9 changes initializations of resource entries. They set
the System RAM type to System RAM ranges, set I/O resource descriptors
to the regions targeted by the iomem search interfaces, and change
to call kzalloc() where kmalloc() is used to allocate struct resource
- Patches 10-14 extend the iomem interfaces to check System RAM ranges
with the System RAM type and the I/O resource descriptor.
- Patch 15-16 remove deprecated walk_iomem_res().
- Patch 17 changes the EINJ driver to allow injecting a memory error
Ok, all applied ontop of 4.5-rc1.
You could take a look if everything's still fine and I haven't botched
I'll let the build bot chew on it and then test it here and send it out
again to everyone on CC so that people don't act surprised.
Thanks for this cleanup, code looks much better now!
ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.